The 24th Men’s Handball World Championship was hosted in Qatar.
Challenges: Handball isn’t a popular sport in Qatar. Qataris don’t like attending live sports games. Qatar isn’t a travel destination for international Audience. We only have 6 months!
Idea: A communication plan of 3 phases was created based on the idea “Live it. Win it!”
- Ticket sales in Qatar exceeded by 20% and total ticket sales exceeded by 15% (in 66 countries)
- Occupancy rate of 65% across the matches with some matches reaching 100%
- 487,400 followers in social media (A world record for Handball)
- Website visits: 3.5MM visits, KPI exceeded by 27%
- 2.3 billion impressions around the globe and 11MM total video views across the videos
- The IHF (International Handball Federation) wanted to adopt â€œGame Of Fastâ€ as part of the communication for all the upcoming Handball Championships.
- France 2017 (the next handball championship) want to use â€œLive it. Win itâ€ as part of their communication.
- “The Cheer” is in the process of becoming the official Qatari cheer for local sport teams.