With THE FANTA GAMING MASTERS, a first-of-its-kind gaming platform across MENA, Fanta called teens across various cities in the region to hone and show their gaming skills.
It is an owned sustainable platform, across owned, earned, shared and paid media, that actively engages almost a million teens across the year.
Fantaâ€™s volume increased +16% (KSA) and +13% (UAE). We significantly expanded the segment share with the highest ever growth for Fanta: 6% to 7% (KSA), 32% to 35% (UAE) and 34% to 38% (Egypt). And generated $1.2 million partnership value
The 24th Men’s Handball World Championship was hosted in Qatar.
Challenges: Handball isn’t a popular sport in Qatar. Qataris don’t like attending live sports games. Qatar isn’t a travel destination for international Audience. We only have 6 months!
Idea: A communication plan of 3 phases was created based on the idea “Live it. Win it!”
- Ticket sales in Qatar exceeded by 20% and total ticket sales exceeded by 15% (in 66 countries)
- Occupancy rate of 65% across the matches with some matches reaching 100%
- 487,400 followers in social media (A world record for Handball)
- Website visits: 3.5MM visits, KPI exceeded by 27%
- 2.3 billion impressions around the globe and 11MM total video views across the videos
- The IHF (International Handball Federation) wanted to adopt â€œGame Of Fastâ€ as part of the communication for all the upcoming Handball Championships.
- France 2017 (the next handball championship) want to use â€œLive it. Win itâ€ as part of their communication.
- “The Cheer” is in the process of becoming the official Qatari cheer for local sport teams.
#Therewillbehaters is a story about disrupting the conventions of football advertising by turning ‘hate’ into a product feature. We took on the social media trolls and converted them into our cause whilst selling our shiny new boots.